M4 Selector Switch/Plate Extremely Loose.

Pengelly

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Got myself one of the gen 2 Lancer tacticals for a small project and after skirmishing a couple times the selector plate has become extremely mushy with a ton of play in the switch - which is even going over the stops meant to keep it from rotating fully. I'm not sure if this is a lancer specific issue - but I wonder if anyone has any tips for fixing it. Preferably without taking apart a gearbox since I don't have a clue with how to go about troubleshooting. 

I don't want to have to take it back to a tech for such a mundane reason so any help is appreciated

You'll most likely have to remove the gearbox from the gun, remove the right-side fake selector plug/cover, use the hole to tighten the screw on the back of the left side selector. Crappy explanation, but luckily this video should cover it:

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.