A Question From Newbie Seeking Help Real Red Dot Sight Plates

abramOD

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

I'm new to the page and am asking as part of my design internship work for a firearms company, london UK.

I've had a read of the rules so I hope this isn't breaking any, please advise me if is but I would really appreciate the help...

The company sells sight plates for live firing real pistols (oceaniadefence <https://www.oceaniadefence.co.uk/product-page/universal-red-dot-mounting-plate-for-pistols>have a look if you need clarity on the products), and would be interested to know if theres much intake of authentic/ non replica pistol sights in the airsoft community?

As a design intern I design the plates to fit vortex, shield and trijicon red dot sights to slot into the rear iron sight dovetail of pistols. We however don't know if airsoft replicas are true to the size of their real counterparts, or how many of the real guns you have replicas for (I would assume most)? 

If there is opportunity to make products (if the airsoft replicas are of different size dovetails and sight apatures) I would be interested in designing plate adaptors for airsoft guns too for the use of authentic sights? any thoughts on that.

Or generally any thoughts on use of non replica sights, I have seen a few posts or youtube videos sayign they can get blown out?

Thanks Guys

There will always be opportunity because there will always be someone in airsoft that wants something "real" or has a niche need.

The issue you are going to have is that most airsoft sights come with the mounts or have access to very cheap but fully fit for purpose airsoft versions. 

For example, I can get a Trijicon style pistol dot sight ( exact copy with a cheaper internal lazer ) with glock mount, delivered for under £40

^ This. I'm not sure who's going to go for a "real" mount over a no-doubt far cheaper replica that comes with the optic and is a perfect fit for it. Especially when it's such an insignificant part.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.