Advice for First Gun

vladinscain
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello guys..Recently ive been enjoying playing airsoft,but every time I rent the equipment.Now i want to own a weapon and i cant decide wich one to buy.The budget for the weapon is around 100-200 dollars.I've seen alot of people recomending the Lancer Tactical m4 gen 2 wich costs 160 dollars.I searched on local airsoft shops and i found some models that I need advide.For example i found a Revolution RECON S 14.5 INCH CARBONTECH wich costs 140 dollars and seems to have more fps than lancer tactical.Wich one should I pick?And if you have any other options I'll gladly listen to your opinion :)

• Supporters

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Both of those make good arguments for themselves.  Based on the UK specs that I can find, both have quick change springs and ball bearing bushings, the Lancer has a 6.03mm barrel and comes with a decent capacity 1600mAh NiMh battery.  The Recon has a 6.01mm (!) barrel and a rotary hop, but no battery - not a huge deal as it makes sense to switch to Lipo or Life as soon as possible, so you'll want to budget for that either way.

The quick change springs mean that the quoted FPS isn't that important as you can easily change either of them just by throwing in a new spring for about $10.  Initially though you'll just want to give the barrel and hop rubber a clean, dial the hop in, feed them 0.25g BBs, or 0.28g if they'll lift those and your budget allows, and get out there and play.

Based on the specs, I'd lean very slightly towards the Recon as I'd be changing to lipo straight away anyway.  However if you just want to grab one and play, the Lancer will get you out there without having to spend another penny.

I think either would be just fine, and if you have the opportunity to handle them before buying, I'd just go with whichever one feels best to you.

Archived