Gg 25k Ifrit Equivalent

E21A
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

My motor is dying, noticed on last service there was a lot of metal dust inside the pistol grip so I’m looking to replace it. The ins and outs of motors go straight over my head, so maybe someone can point me in the right direction? 

I’ll order from Ak2m4 as I always do for AEG internals. Could someone recommend the closest replace from the link below? 

https://www.ak2m4.co.uk/internal-parts/motors-parts

TIA

• Supporters

Either the GP @ £29 or the RA @ £31 will do ya

The orange ifrit is a 25k rpm neo motor - guessing like 18tpa

Recently the SHS's seem to be a bit lower than expected 30k (a 8.4v)

probably more like a 28k

The GP 16tpa says 33.5k on 11.1v (12.6v fully fully charged Lipo)

so in "theory" 33.5k divided by 1.55 will give you a 21.6k on a 2 cell Lipo

The RA I think the oem is rated @ around 39k on 11.1v

so in "theory" 39k divided by 1.55 will give you a 25.16k on a 2 cell Lipo

So the RA vented can might be near the performance of the Ifrit from new

maybe a smidge over, but shouldn't be that much - max 10% faster if at say nearly 28k (8.4v)

The GP might be where the Ifrit was performing after say 10k bb's but will draw less amps

and still be quicker than 22 tpa motor

So really either one will do but I might lean towards the RA myself

But I'd expect a smidge less amp draw on the GP motor

Yeah RA first choice & GP close second, either is gonna better than your old Ifrit

But I'd buy some new brushes for a few quid, clean up the old one and pop them in

so you got a fairly decent spare Ifrit should you need it

The old carbon brushes do wear out & make a mess, unless armature/commutator is fucked

I reckon a new set of brushes is worth a go, or hunt around in a shitty stock motor for brushes

(but stock motor/brushes are quite shit, but nowt to lose for a decent spare motor cleaned up)

I've taken a rough stab at the motors Vs Irit - but don't sue me if my figures are not 100% accurate

I did my best to advise & explain my honest opinion on their expected performance etc...

Thanks @Sitting Duck, very helpful. I just wanted something similar to keep performance roughly the same as I’m happy with where the gun is. 

I’ll trust your judgment and go with the RA 

Archived