Semi-auto Svd Hopup Problems

Zanarras
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all. 

I'm a relatively new airsoft player and bought a beautiful SVD Semi-auto sniper rifle, from a guy who sold it cheaply, a few years ago. 

Last time I took it out to play though, it suddenly didn't shoot more than four to five meters before the pellet fell to the ground. I tried to get it measure to see if it was the battery, but it got measured to shoot hard enough to get a safety distance of 20 meters. So I heard from some of the more veteran players that it might be the hopup, but it didn't work to give some lubricant to try and "wake the hopup gummi". 

So I am looking for a new hopup for my electric SVD Semi-auto rifle, but all I can find is hopup's for a manual SVD. 

Can someone give me some advice or maybe a link where to get a proper hopup, so I don't feel like I have wasted my money? 

Thanks in advance! 

Cant find one in the UK but Tiger has um: https://airsoft.tiger111hk.com/p22197/Cyma-Metal-Hop-up-set-forySVDyseries/product_info.html

What make SVD is it?

The Real Sword, CYMA and S&T (the latter two being copies of the the former) have a poorly designed hop system.

The hop unit itself is not great as the dial wobbles quite a bit, but how it is retained inside the barrel sleeve section that extends into the receiver is a complete joke.

There are two finger tightening screws that act like grub screws on either side of the sleeve, they thread through to the hop unit and keep it in place - there is a spring behind the hop over the inner barrel that pushes the hop unit into the gearbox, however I found if you let it go all the way in the nozzle wont pull back far enough to let a magazine feed, but if you tighten it at a point too far out you'll have massive air leakage and fps drop off - i found the correct distance that the two screws need to be tightened is about 1-1.5mm out of full engagement with the gearbox. 

Try experimenting with engagement distances (how far the the GB goes into the hop unit) this could be what is causing your issue.. perhaps the nozzle is a little too far out. 

200763551_svdhop.thumb.jpg.9d2210488b5bea9448dfac384b48c98a.jpg

Glad someone has brought this topic up, just had a look at mine, will try it out, as I want to try this out on the field.... when it’s safe! 🤔

😎👍

💷GAMBLE💷

Archived