Auto-wind box/drum mag for L86

Badgerlicious
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Basically title, I want to run my L86 as more of an LMG, and I dislike winding hi-caps. I've been looking at drum mags, the single drum seems like it'd be a great fit, ~1,000+ rounds and shouldn't get in the way of a bullpup too much. I'd actually prefer the dual mag style but nowhere seems to have them in stock. Under £100 would be nice, I've looked both the Battleaxe drum mag, pretty cheap but probably terrible build and QC, and the G&P drum mag which should be more solid, and is my current top pick. My biggest concerns are the L86's supposedly long and wide mag well. Though that could be altered, I'd rather not. 

I'm interested to hear other user's advice/experiences/other mag picks. Thanks. 

• Supporters

I'd go for flash mags or some other hi-cap that can be wound sufficiently to dispense all its' contents.  Put a drum mag on your bullpup and (depending on the width of said drum) you're gonna be doing a lot of reach-around type action.

4 hours ago, TheFull9 said:

I'd go for flash mags or some other hi-cap that can be wound sufficiently to dispense all its' contents.  Put a drum mag on your bullpup and (depending on the width of said drum) you're gonna be doing a lot of reach-around type action.

Which is why it's a shame the double wide electric mags seem to be out of stock everywhere. Or even an electric fat mag would be good. 

Archived