Asg L96 upgrade

Jerby
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi,

Any help will be much appreciated, I have a ASG .308 L96 rifle, Ive started to upgrade a few components including the trigger unit, piston, spring,spring guide. The rifle is running about 470fps and my site limit is 500. What should I expect to see in terms of range improvement if I upgrade the hop chamber, bucking,nub and barrel. Is it worth spending another £100-150. 

thanks in advance for any help 

Tight bore barrel, decent bucking and nub are pretty much the first things to upgrade since these are the bits that will give you extra range and accuracy. What weight ammo are you using ? its worth doing some research on inner barrel length. There is an optimum ratio between piston volume and barrel volume , so if you are using heavy weights you may need a shorter inner barrel. https://www.airsoftsniperforum.com/32-general-sniper-talk/14303-cylinder-barrel-ratios-explained.html

Have a read of this

Hi Nick,

thanks for your help, I was going to upgrade with maple leaf bucking and nub, not sure which barrel yet but was thinking 6.02 bore and the Airsoft Pro chamber, I’ve also read the optimum barrel length it 499mm. I’m currently using .36 bbs which seem to give the best range/accuracy with the current set up, once I’ve upgrade again I will look at different weights. I’ve had a look at the link you added an seen the chart, i’ll Measure the cylinder and piston stroke and try to work it out. What realistic range would you expect to see with the upgrades I’ve mentioned? 

Archived