Need advice on the choice of a secondary

emilianoksa
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I have not played since I qualified for a UKARA number last year, using rental guns. Spinal problems and hip replacement have immobilised me. I am much better now and ready to skirmish again.

I play only cqb and have acquired rif rifles and pistols of my own. These include a WE Glock and a couple of TM handguns plus spare mags, to use as a secondaries. However I want to use my pistols, not carry them for decoration.

The site is indoors but it's the floor of an old mill without central heating so it gets pretty cold at this time of year.

Would I be OK to use my WE Glock with Nuprol 3 gas (red bottle), or would I get a better performance out of a TM? Would the Marui perform OK with 144a gas (I know velocity would be very low but would it function) or should I use the next grade up, Abbey Predator, which I believe is not quite as strong as regular green gas but a bit easier on plastic slides in winter? Or would even Predator fail to empty magazines and lock back slides?

Would I have to use my TMs with regular green gas (Nuprol 2 for example) to get a reliable performance? 

Will WE pistols take black Guarder gas in winter?

It’s about gas pressure

You can use red in your TM’s, or black in your WE’s, if the temp is low enough, but what that temp is, you’ll have to experiment

Glad you’re back 8n the saddle though bud👍🏻

Archived