Sling plate for my Ares

Guest Marauder211
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Guest Marauder211

I need help. I bought a sling plate for my Ares SC AR-016.

I have the photos of the buffer tube and a link to the slong plate i've bought.

20181231_105638.jpg

20181231_105719.jpg

20181231_105828.jpg

Screenshot_2018-12-31-10-58-09.png

Guest Marauder211
4 minutes ago, Skara said:

What's the question?

lol.

Oh shit, forgivemei'mnotgoodinthemornings 😢

how do i fit it to the buffer tube? Thus is the sling plate, (if it doesn't show, select style #5)https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Single-Dual-Multi-Rifle-Sling-Plate-Mount-Adapter-Loop-Sling-AR-Right-Left-Hand/142379697594?hash=item21267dc5ba:m:mGnozgjSGBoK1mMVbEmWoDQ

Unscrew (using a long add screwdriver) the screw you see at the bottom of the buffer tube.

Buffer nut should cone off easily, if it doesn't use large pliers and wrap several layers of cloth around the nut to avoid damage.

Replace the sling plate and put it all back together :P

Guest Marauder211
18 minutes ago, Skara said:

Unscrew (using a long add screwdriver) the screw you see at the bottom of the buffer tube.

Buffer nut should cone off easily, if it doesn't use large pliers and wrap several layers of cloth around the nut to avoid damage.

Replace the sling plate and put it all back together :P

Thank you, dude :). I think the castle nut is fixed to the tube (i see mould lines leading to it lol). If i knew it was that easy i would've done it days ago XD

Guest Marauder211

So i tried the sling plate on my Classic Army gun (swapped it to my Ares) and it works amazing! The screw plates for my buffer tubes were fiddly as hell but it works, when my other sling plate arrives i'll be putting it on the Ares and putting the original plate back on my CA.

Archived