New Rail miss-alignment issue.

Polarit
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I've been switching the front rail on my Tm Sopmod to a new one but when i tighten it all the barrel nut or something is slightly off. 

I know the barrel is straight, outer because it shoots straight and where the site is pointing. 

The rail is a floating one. It has the fake gas tube and bit to go on the barrel but that's pure cosmetic. I know I could pad it out internally but i'm moving the outer barrel then which isn't ideal. 

It's when the barrel nut gets tight and the rail gets to the bottom of the barrel nut so it's something to do with the thread at that level.

Just wondering what others have done before I try something drastic. 

I know I could try get another nut but I didn't have issues before it's just the quality of the parts going from TM to PTS. 

Cheers guys I’ll look into that side.

It does go further away from alignment when it gets nearer to the end of the thread. I think it’s still slightly off though even being further up the thread.

ill add a shim and get it tightened up then see what’s it’s like.

Also watch that. Will another brands barrel but be the same diameter for the front rail I’m using?

its a hard one to judge because the standard Marui sopmod front end is made up of several parts. It isn’t just one part so I haven’t got a direct comparison.

Airsoft gear as well isn’t anywhere near the same in tolerance so knowing some of the exact figures in that AR15 video you attached aren’t quite the same.

basically the aim is that it’s straight enough to line up IR lasers and torches. I can force it if it needs to be it won’t hurt it really I guess. 

Archived