What to do with my Armorer Works 1911 hicap?

emilianoksa
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

A few months ago I wanted to try a blowback air pistol, but had always considered 4.5mm steel bbs horrible, dangerous things, and the few pellet versions available didn't function like true semi-autos.

So I began to consider an airsoft pistol. I didn't like the idea of spending money on a gun that would be paint sprayed, so when I came across the Armorer Works guns, I decided to buy the one with the blue slide and red barrel. At least it had been produced that way at the factory,and although it looked like a pimp's gun I found it strangely appealing.:D In any case I would only be shooting it at home and on the indoor airgun range I'm a member of. And I'm colour blind anyway, so it didn't look so bad to me.

And that is how I got into airsoft. I enjoyed shooting it so much I decided to go full airsoft and start skirmishing.

Now a lot of people say this is not a true custom gun, but just a tarted up WE, with internals that are nothing special and will soon need replacing. Maybe so. However, it has a good feel, and is accurate by bb standards, and opinions are, after all, like ....holes as they say. However I haven't yet had the nerve to take it to a skirmish, and would eventually like to play with something less conspicuous - a Glock 17, Walther PPQ or CZ P09 Duty.

So what should I do with my blue and red gun:

1 Play with it as is? Sticks and stones....

2 Keep it and just use it at home? Bit of a waste.

3 Sand off the blue and repaint the slide? I'd probably make a mess of it.

4 Have this done professionally by somewhere like Liquid Steel Designs? Expensive.

5. Cover the slide in camo tape? Any recommendations?

6 Try to flog it for £80 (I paid 140 for it and it has had little use) and put the money towards another pistol? Would still have to shell at 29-40 quid for another gun. I'd also have to sell the Nuprol polymer holster I bought for it,           and have never used, for about twopence halfpenny.   

What would you do?   

Use as is if it doesn't bother you. The colours don't bother me particularly, not as much as the way the mag bottom protrudes out, just a design I dislike.

What finish would you want? Would you go black or get the slide in a brushed metal? Something you can attempt yourself if you feel confident.

I saw a couple of these at the Mall yesterday, sure you could easily get £80 for it.

Thanks Duff.

I suppose I would have to use Krylon; black or dark grey. Are there better alternative products?

How could I get a brushed metal effect?

I suppose I could just sand it down to the alloy and polish it up, but that would make it even more noticeable than the blue finish.

Brushed metal is done by oiling and well, brushing the metal with very fine wire wool but you have to be very strict with the direction and consistency of the pressure applied.

Paint is paint to me, don't pay more than £10 for a rattle can.

Archived