Homebuilt KvKk 62 LMG

Stefano
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I'm in the process of building a KvKK 62 as i wanted a lmg that NO ONE else would have made (that I know of).  I was just wondering if there were any ultra compact full size gearboxes like m3a1 or Sten gun gearboxes that are out there. I have tried other standard lmg gearboxes like an m249 or pkm but they are all just too tall. HELP!

• Moderators

Think I saw a g&g fn2000 box recently on here, motor sits in it horizontally , might do the job ?

There won't be anything really more compact in height than the 249 gearbox due to the way the gears need to be packaged.

How much space do you have to work with?

On 3/16/2018 at 12:06 AM, Hangtight said:

There won't be anything really more compact in height than the 249 gearbox due to the way the gears need to be packaged.

How much space do you have to work with?

I have 2.5 inches for height and 1.5 for width. The length is not a problem as the receiver is 21 inches long.

Have you actually measured a 249 gearbox? From memory they're about 65-70mm tall. You might need to tweak dimensions of the receiver a bit, but that's common in Airsoft. The only other alternative is HPA and a Polarstar.

Archived