TM 1911 MEU Rail

Tiercel
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So I really want a 1911. 

Ive got my heart set on the 1911MEU however it doesnt have a rail, and a flashlight is pretty much mandatory for where I play. 

I could just get the Hicapa 5.1 "Government" except I dont like the huge bulky hicapa mags and the tacky "target" sights on the 5.1 and think the MEU looks much better. But the 5.1 does come with a detachable rail.
Anyone know if this rail will fit the MEU? Or if theres any other alternatives for getting a rail onto a MEU?

Just yesterday I put a rail on my dads CYMA AEP Hi-Capa.

Easy enough, take the pistol apart, drill two holes in the bottom of the frame, attach any short weaver or picatinny rail, put the pistol back together.

The TM Hi-Capa rail is very flat, but you have to make sure there is room inside the pistol to fit the screw mounts. If there isn’t, you’ll need to tap a thread into the frame, and screw a standard short rail on. Team minute job if you decide to fit a rail, though there’s probably a custom mountable flashlight for a  1911 as it’s a ubiquitous gun.

rdb

This rail is crap, you need to glue it on to the frame to make it sit safe. I would go for the cnc version by angry gun or some rs 1911 parts

Archived