Krytac CRB Upgrade Help

Sev
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

I have been a proud owner of my MK1 CRB for about 18 months, and apart from a Maple Leaf bucking and concave nub, it is completely stock internally.

I am now looking to tune the CRB to improve consistency, accuracy and longevity of the internals. I'm not after ridiculous ROF or anything yet, but just want an overall tune-up. I currently run with 7.4v lipos, as I mainly use semi, but would running an 11.1v lipo increase cycling speed and improve trigger response?

With regards to the barrel group; I have seen that Prometheus do a nice Krytac spec barrel, so I think I'll be getting that. First question: Is there any big advantage with r-hopping over my Maple Leaf setup that is worth the extra effort/expense? Secondly, is upgrading to a Prowin hop-up necessary over a Krytac's similarly rotary unit?

In the gearbox, is there anything that needs to be done? I have seen an older video which shows that the gears should be pretty well shimmed OOTB and that the only real area to look at is the nozzle. I see that Prometheus also make a Krytac spec head and nozzle - is that a good buy? Should I worry about reshimming and correcting AOE? Would it be necessary to upgrade the gears and go further or should I see a significant improvement with the above upgrades alone?

Thanks for your help guys!

Archived