Choosing my first gun

armsim1998
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello everyone, I new to this sport, I played a couple of times in my local field and i liked it alot. So I decided to get my own gun.

I have several options, but i don't know which one is better. I don't want to get a nice looking gun but with crappy internals, so please help me. 
Primarily I was thinking about a DMR-ish role, so after searching I found these, which could fit my budget (400$)
A&K SR-25,
S&T VSS,
ASP OTs-03 SVU,
CYMA Socom-16,
please tell me about these rifles ( quality, durability, internals, externals, required upgrades etc. )

Also as a back-up ( in case all previous mentioned guns turn out to be crap) I was thinking to get one of these: FN Herstal Licensed P90, one of CYMA AKs or a G&G combat machine ( Too many I don't know which one) 

If there are any better option I would be happy to see them. 

Thanks in advance

• Head Moderator

Welcome :).  I am moving this post to Guns, Gear & Loadouts as it is more appropriate there.  You are asking a lot of information, so may want to do some research first.  The search tool is useful, has a 3 character minimum length search, and read through posts.  This is a UK forum, so £ (Pound Sterling) is more appropriate than $ (US Dollar) for prices.  Most will tell you a DMR role is not worth it.  Pretty gun but no better than having a normal AEG which lets you use automatic fire for about the same range.

DMR is definitely worth it IF you play at the right sites - they should allow up to 500fps and there should be open spaces. The Ridge and Coms Site 3 are great sites for DMR.

If you go to sites more setup for closer battles like The Mall, then DMR would be a waste of a lot of money. A good DMR setup will cost in the region of £450-650.

For newbie players, a CM16 Raider is always a good choice, then work out where to go from there. My first gun was a G&G R8-L. But I definitely do like having a full metal construction now.

Archived