New Player - Sniping - CYMA CM.701B VSR Bar 10 VS Tokyo Marui VSR-10 Pro

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Ok so as the title says i'm new to airsoft, so far in the four games i've played (using my own guns purchased from my uncle whos no longer playing) and borrowing a sniper from a friend who i go with i've found myself drawn more and more to sniping / Scouting / basic support. So i've decided to get myself a sniper thus my question, Ive heard good things about the TM VSR10 and also about the CYMA but do they actually compare? I've got about £250 to spend on the gun.

CYMA  - ootb shoots at ~500fps which is the site i go to limit for snipers and it comes with a rail for mounting a scope and is meant to be upgradable with the same parts as the TM

TM - ootb shoots at ~310fps but states its one of the most accurate snipers, something alot of people agree on but it is barebones and i'm worried it wont have the reach to make it feasible.

So the real question is which is better as an investment? is the Cyma really as easy to upgrade? (Ive read posts that seem to contradict that) and is its accuracy close enough to make it worthwhile? Or is the TM far better in which case what would i need to do to have it shooting at 500fps? Can i get away with just sticking in a better spring or do i need to strip the entire thing?

I'm sorry if all this has been asked before but any links or help would be greatly appreciated

Ben

• Supporters

Neither.

Get the A&K M24 or Ares Striker.

The M24 already has steel zero trigger, steel cylinder, steel spring guide, aluminium piston and VSR compatible bucking and hopup arm. These two are what you need to upgrade if you have the urge. Later you can upgrade its barrel but the factory one is already a tight bore with OK finish.

The striker is good out of the box, and the action army hopup unit is on its way.

Both are reviewed on http://www.snipermechanics.com/

Archived