Upgrading WE XDM Compact (Over-hopping)

callumbagshaw
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

This is probably one to sit in the guts of the forum but I thought I'd post just incase anyone else experiences a similar problem to mine.

I bought a second hand WE XDM Compact after shooting a friend's and seeing how fun they are to shoot!

I put some HPA valves on it and run it on about 90 PSI (HPA).

Sadly, the one I bought was constantly over-hopping (even .32's!), with the hop turned down fully.

I did see a guy on youtube disassembling the hop unit and bending the arm that squeezes the hop rubber, however.....

Just as I prepared myself to do this, I remembered that I had a spare Inner Barrel with "Monster Hop Up" attached - I'd bought it a few years back for my G19s and it turned out that a DIY mod proved to have better results.

Anyway, I popped that in (a little longer than the stock inner barrel - the one I put in was 84mm so I assume the stock is 80mm)...

it went from over-hopping way too much, and being incredibly inacruate to being my new fabourite go-to pistol!

Shoots really great, set the hop nicely for about 20m and there's plenty more hop on offer if I need it! 

FYI, it's these inner barrels (This link is longer than the one I put in but you get the point)

They aren't expensive and it could help someone out, hope it does.

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/maple-leaf-inner-barrel-with-monster-hop-up-for-marui-we-gbb-97mm.html#.WPot5tLytPY

Archived