Power supply

NathyB
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all was wondering if any one can help me finally got a charger and a balance lead just need a power supply for my charger now I've enclosed the spec can any one be kind enough to point me in the right direction and maybe even supply a link would appreciate it thanks

post-13065-0-23139300-1478353007_thumb.jpeg

• Supporters

an old laptop psu in the range of 11v to 18v

often they will output 3a to 4.5/5amp

however different plug leads both to mains: can be clover, kettle or fig 8 power mains lead

the lead to laptop can vary loads too

a B6 type I THINK uses a 5.5mm power socket

some IBM's Lenovo models use these, others have different plugs and sony's might use a 6.5mm socket plug

You can also opt for a universal laptop psu which has different voltage settings and should come with a number of adapters for different laptops

but ffs check with common sense it all is correct and polarity etc...

some are 19v or 20v which I do not suggest you try

try the shop you bought the charger from - should be able to flogg you one for not much more than a tenner i think

Yeah hobby King have one but eu warehouse 14 day delivery need one for next Saturday so could do with ordering one today or early this week trying to find some where online in the uk

If you're confident doing a little soldering one of the best and cheapest ways of getting a bench power supply is to hack an old PC ATX power supply. There are guides online. They have a rock solid output, and that's all I've ever used for the charger for all my RC stuff. Even fitting decent connectors so I could use it for other things I think it cost me about £6 plus a free power supply out of a dead desktop computer.

Archived