JG AUG Mod reckon it'll work?

DanielG.AUG
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello, this is my first post in this forum, I have a JG AUG 1G and yesterday I got an idea. Currently I cannot find an auto electric magazine for the aug so I had an idea, to make my aug into a one of a kind beast, and basically would like to know if you would think it would work.

The idea is simple it would be to get a AUG to M4 magazine adaptor 3D printed, then ln put a m4 3000 bb magazine into it. Then I thought damn the motor won't be used to constant use like this so I'll upgrade that to a high torque which poses the same problem for the gears so get reinforced high torque ones.

My AUG has a v3 gearbox do you think this would work? And have I thought about everything I'll need to upgrade?

• Supporters

The high torque motor eats more and probably gets hot more easily. I wouldn't change it.

High torque gears mean a different ratio, not different durability.

The JG has proper steel gears, they will work fine, but check the bushings. If those are plastic, change them to steel bushings (not bearings) and shim them properly.

Make sure the angle of engagement is perfect and everything runs smoothly and easily. If it has plastic teeth on the piston, maybe change that too to a metal one.

Check if the huge mag won't stick into your neck or body because it's a bullpup rifle.

I printed the said mag adapter for two guys here. Use proper screws to hold its two halves together so it won't snap under the heavy weight of an electric mag.

Just opened my gearbox to be extremely pleasantly surprised the piston is unfortunately not steel toothed only have the pick up tooth metal, however it's already shimmed and has that thing (sorry for forgetting the terms) already on the sector gear.

Archived