load carriers? show,tell,answer.

Siwel123

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys basically going to be a mixed forum. 1: me asking noob questions and maybe getting answers. 2: you guys giving us an eyeful of your gear - mainly load carriers.

So here question, what load carrier is best for 2 things airsoft and army cadets (sorry if not relevant). I would use it for both and for cadets I need to be able to carry... mess tin, hexi burner and stand, first aid kit, waterproof, rations, snacks, 6 mags and other bits that take me fancy. also I kind of need it for airsoft as you can tell. I've asked around about PLCE etc etc and I do like plate carriers for the look and lightweightness of some of them, so what would you recommend.

Feel free to post your load carrier and what is on their and if anyone else has questions go for it as the community is great.

For airsoft most people go for some sort of plate carrier because they look cool. If you want to carry more than a few mags, webbing is going to be more practical. You could use a plate carrier and small backpack but you will find that webbing will keep your center of mass lower, making it easier to carry the same weight.

The two easiest types of webbing to get hold of are PLCE and P58. Pattern 58 was worn up until the late 80's so is still fairly abundant but is heavy duty canvas construction so will weigh more than PLCE but you can get a set for £10.

As a WW2 airsofter and re-enactor, my personal preference is for Pattern 37 webbing:

11412436_10206858743645911_1831555569374

The main advantage of P37 webbing is that it has 2 big pouches on the chest rather than pouches all around your waist. The backpack hooks onto the pouches so that it becomes part of the webbing as a whole to distribute weight better.

11393026_10206858743045896_2021537815539

This is the small pack, there is an alternative large pack which attaches the same way and has additional straps crossing over the pack so that you can strap additional gear to the outside.

Haven't you already got a thread open about plate carriers and load carrying gear? You don't need to keep bumping them either, it's not a sales post.

You've had advice from myself and others in the existing thread, but the main thing is to look around and see what you like the look of that will be practical for both. If you can't find something you like which can be used for both cadets and airsoft, stick with the issued kit for cadets and use something airsoft orientated for skirmishes.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.