Modification of King Arms 110rnd Sten Mags

Greg147

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

I've just purchased a box of 5 King Arms MP40 mags, which are supposed to be compatible with both the ASG MP40 and Sten AEGs. Unfortunately, they don't fit into the mag well of my ASG Sten, and stick out by a few millimeters. Online I can see that a few people have had this problem, and say it can be fixed with a 'small modification' on the magazines, but I can't seem to find anywhere that tells me what this modification might be.

Does anyone have experience with these mags, or know which bits I need to alter to get them to fit?

Thanks muchly for any assistance

If it's the same problem I had, then the issue is with the catch that keeps the bb's in. It is chisel shaped but sticks out too far so when you insert the mag the hop unit hits the bit that's not angled. I cut tiny bits of plastic from the numbers on the sprue of an airfix kit and glued them in between the catch and mag body so the catch doesn't stick out so far.

DSC_00431_zpsb54c2c14.jpgthe white bit is the added plastic and can be glued to either the catch or the mag body.

I think this is indeed the problem. I had crudely carved the edge of the feed-hole on a few of them and managed to get the catch to slip back when inserted (although, with some force), but your solution looks to be much more suitable, so I'll go ahead and do that.

Thanks muchly for your help

The only downside is they will occasionally spew all the bb's out (as the AGM mags do).

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.