Removing a stuck buffer screw

BrightCandle

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I have the buffer screw stuck in a Krytac SPR (M4 basically). I need to get this darn screw out and presumable replace it. I think it may be glued in there so its not willing to come out. I have put so much force on it with a philips screwdriver the metal has started to strip so I think my chance of getting the screw out are all but done. At this point I would often get the dremel out and put a slit in it and use a big flat head screw driver and a wrench and just twist it out but I can't get into the buffer tube with a dremel.

So what I am looking for is some other ideas about:

1. How to get this screw out without damaging anything else (gearbox, buffer tube, upper receiver)

2. Where to get a replacement screw, anyone know what size and such these screws are because by the time I get this out I most likely wont be able to tell

Any ideas?

I recon it's a new buffer tube time. The current one will need cutting down and the access to screw is made. Then get a drill slightly bigger than the thread and drill head off then remove the thread with a pair of pliers. Only method I can think of.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.