ics m4 single point sling mount

vialli

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

hi guys

just got a ics m4a1 carbine which doesnt come with a single point sling mount ,i also have a 3 point sling but the front sight triangle on the ics is held on with one tiny little grub screw (not roll pins) so i can see this coming loose if i use a 3 point sling.Fire support website showed the ics-ma-165 mount in stock but the day after ordering it i got a message saying it is out of stock and i cant find another on uk websites so does anyone know what other ones will fit (if any as i know that ics m4s have different thickness buffer tubes).

Cheers.

To get that type of adapter on you take off the stock tube and slide it over the stock tube adapter on the back of the receiver before replacing the tube. The width of the stock isn't relevant, it's the tabs on the ICS stock adapter that are a bit too fat for other sling adapters. Luckily very easily fixed with about a minutes work with a metal file!

All you need to do is get any other type of sling adapter and use a metal file to widen the two cutouts a bit at a time until it fits over the tabs - a bit from the top and bottom of each section at a time until you get it right! I've put a picture below to show where.

The only other issue that you'll have with an ICS M4 is that some sling plates have a part on the back that sticks out and fits into a gap in the receiver under the stock adapter on a Marui. ICS guns don't have a gap because it's where the big screw is that holds the stock adapter to the receiver. Now you have a metal file, all you need to do is file that bit flat against the plate if it has one - a lot of sling adaptors won't so it may be unnecessary. I have Magpul ASAP plates on my ICS M4's, took about 5 mins in total to file the back of them flat and widen the tabs!

Or, if you can't be bothered just order it from HK http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ICS-Airsoft-AEG-Tactical-Sling-Swivel-ICS-MA-165-/281684081603 I've bought a few things off this store and not had any issues!

post-3786-0-97628400-1440232109_thumb.jpg

I had the same problem with my ICS M4. When I went to the mall I asked in there shop and he recommended a choke which ties over the stock. Not as tidy as a sling point I know but it's holding up just fine till I sort out a proper one

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.