Classic Army SL8 - Replacing 2 stage trigger and lock to semi-only

Colonel Kurtz

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Finally managed to convert a friend to airsoft, after a tour of various sites around berkshire/hampshire it seems her favored style of play is hiding behind trees at the rear. So we can actually team-up rather than her watching me running around getting shot in the distance through a scope, I've bought a classic army SL8, with the intention to put it up to 450 fps and lock to semi-only (i'll not call it DMR, unless it stands for Dis Muppet's Rifle). I know it's far from a great 'DMR' choice, possibly one the worst, but it looks cool and it's modular enough to make into a G36K/C with another hand-guard and barrel/hop if i change my mind or persuade my friend to push forward a bit more. Although she seems to very much enjoy the opportunity to use her significant ex's ridiculously over-spent M14 based 'DMR' she kept after the split (along with at least half a testicle), i get the impression his face is getting applied to everyone she pulls the trigger at :)

I've done enough gearbox tinkering and read enough guides (the holy-grail one is brill) to be able to stumble through upgrading the internals (although only need a few bits as CA SL8 comes with quite a few aftermarket bits installed).

However when it comes to the trigger and semi-only I've encountered a lack of relevant google, due to it having a fire-selector with only safe/semi settings and full-auto being facilitated by a 2 stage trigger. All the suggestions i've found seem to be about locking the selector and I've never tinkered with triggers before or made a gun semi-only before...

Can anyone recommend a pimpingly snappy trigger unit to replace the 2 stage with, and the best method to permanently make it semi only on a V3 gearbox (considering it only has a safe/on selector). I will be putting in a mosfet with active break;

http://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/gate-electronics-mosfet-switch-picoaab-active-breaking

• Supporters

There is a mod you can do that is used by AUG owners involving a pin fitted behind the trigger to restrict travel that effectively makes it semi only. Google should find it for you otherwise I'll ask my buddy how he did his AUG.,

Cheers chap will give it a look, should have thought about restricting the 2 stage trigger doh, be easier than a replacement.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.