KSC G26c advice please

Berto

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I was given a KEC G26c by my uncle who sadly died not long after and I'd like to get it in top form in memory of him. It's basically quite dusty, has had the barrel painted, and both mags leak. Can anyone point me in the direction of good guides that can help me learn to strip and maintain the gun? I'm also thinking that the mags need new valves but I'm struggling to work out what are right ones. And find places to buy them. Any help is massively appreciated as this is something that really means a lot to me and I'd like to get it done right. Thanks

Berto

Before you replace any magazine parts, split the parts and leave any valves or o-rings in a bottle of silicone oil overnight, then 're assemble and see if it holds gas, that has always worked with my magazine woes

I don't know how to disassemble your mags, but they aren't usually difficult things, my kjw 226 mags were fiddly but not difficult

Before you replace any magazine parts, split the parts and leave any valves or o-rings in a bottle of silicone oil overnight, then 're assemble and see if it holds gas, that has always worked with my magazine woes

I don't know how to disassemble your mags, but they aren't usually difficult things, my kjw 226 mags were fiddly but not difficult

Mags are easy to break down, I've had the valves out already and the o rings look a bit grey around the edges. I'll trying soaking them, thanks for the tip

Well soaking the valves worked like a dream, fixed the M11a1 in the process too. I've really enjoyed tinkering over the last 2 nights and feel much more confident working on the guns now

3F76D4AF-6D31-4069-9233-A2AADD173DFB.jpg

happy to hear it, its always good fun after tinkering and fixing a magazine thats been pissing you off for the last couple of skirmishes.

If only gearboxes were as easy as GBB parts :(

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.