Will this spring fit in my A&K SVD?

ronin677

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Recently I put an R hop into my A&K SVD and my fps dropped to around 400.

This spring is being offered near where I live and I would probably bring me back up to 450 fps

does anyone know if this will fit my A&K SVD

M140.jpg

That looks like a narrow spring sniper spring, not an AEG spring, so would not fit.

You say your FPS dropped when you fitted an R hop. Did you chrono with 0.2s to get that FPS? Most R hop setups need to use heavier ammo to get the most out of them, so you will lose FPS anyway with the heavier ammo. I think I had about an M150 in my SVD and that was putting out 480 using a 6.01 inner barrel (on 0.2s) and twin point hop rubber, set up for using 0.3s in game.

Like RR01 says; that's a bolt action rifle spring (VSR, to be precise) So no; not if the SVDs take AEG springs I'm afraid.

It might be worth double checking the Hop; it is always possible, however unlikely that you've got an air leak now which could be giving you the drop in FPS.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.