A&K SVD trigger problems?

Blade433

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So I just bought my first gun from a friend and made the genius mistake of cocking it and leaving it for a few hours, which I think may have broke the spring in the gun. Basically the trigger doesn't pull or even hold in place, sort of like it's loose and because of this I can't un-cock the gun. Does anyone have a possible solution for this?

You may have disengaged the trigger from the sear, or it may have been like that when you got it. Easiest way is to carefully unscrew the two screws that hold the spring seat in place (at the back) and then lift it up slowly. That will raise the piston sufficient for it to clear the sear and un-cock the gun, although it will do so as it you are firing it. Then you'll need to drop the trigger block out of the gun (push through the pin that the fire selector stops against) to see why the trigger isn't releasing the sear. It releases by pushing up on the front of the sear, so pushing down on the rear where the piston is held in place. Could possibly be that the lug on the trigger is broken.

And leaving it cocked would not break the spring, just weaken it a bit.

If your Sear is broken, I highly recommend this

http://airsoftpro.cz/eshop/product_info.php?cPath=93_204&products_id=821

however it sounds to me like RR01 said, that you have disengaged the trigger from the sear instead. These rifles are incredibly easy to strip so you shouldn't have too many problems

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.