Army L85 Cocking handle removal

geoffreym

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I bought a couple of the L85's from phillip flop (highly recommended seller), and I've decided to keep one and bring it up to a2 spec for personal use.

All the information I gathered said it was a simple G&G style with a grub screw holding it in, but having removed the grub screw there is absolutely no movement off of the gun, does anyone know/heard about this, and whether there are any fixes short of cutting the thing off?

thanks

geoff

If the handle is metal, it may have rusted on. Give it a blast of wd-40, then allow it to soak. I would resist cutting it off as it may damage or snap the post it is attached to, which is a £25 replacement.

now, unlike the G&G, it is a screw system, which when there is anything on it, or as above it is rusted, you cannot screw it off, not knowing this and assuming it was a pull off that had secured itself, I applied a bit of heat to try and expand it a bit in the hope that it may break itself loose, however it effectively melted as if it was solder, good thing was that the post seems to be steel as well so it melted straight off. without damaging the post or gun at all.

just be careful.

Ahh monkey metal. I had to loctite the grub screw on my g&g a2. Kept falling out and of would pop the handle. I can see why these are readily available.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.