Anybody here worked with e&l aks before?

Jamin_p

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So my first 'big boy gun' is an E&L AIMS and as much fun as it is, I'm at the point where I'm now looking to make it the best it can be and do it myself rather than pay someone else.

I have very little experience working with aeg internals and so I guess I'm looking for people's experiences working with them, any upgrades people have carried out and recommendations on what I should look at to achieve my goals.

What I'm aiming to achieve:

- Consistent fps, around 310 on .25s. was originally 285 after downgrade on purchase but has dropped to 235 last chrono so possible i tore the rubber? As a side note, it was firing 430fps stock and the d/grade was carried out by the retailer with a spring change.

- install a 'fet. I have a pico aab ready to go as currently running 11.1v and need to fit to prevent trigger contacts burning out. Should be straight forward right? V3 gearbox means I get to avoid all the annoying wiring problems?

- more effective hop. Adding a flat hop and a more effective hop unit as currently, I have max hop and still have yet to see any hint of lift on a shot so I think I might be able to get a good bit more range over the current 55m or so. Is this a case of changing rubber and nub or will I need a new unit? If so, recommendations?

All advice appreciated.

what spring is it using now?

I didn't think to ask when it was done so that's going to be tricky for me to answer. I'm going to assume m90 as I believe they come with 120s.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.