RS type56 and golden eagle railed dust covers

ikarma70

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Last week with some excitement I noticed patrol base had the GE railed dust covers in stock so I quickly ordered one as I needed rails on my RS.

I emailed them twice previously regarding if the cover would fit but twice I received no reply.

Upon getting home I tried to the cover but it's too long and a gnats cock too wide( which I expected some modification necessary).

Has any other RS56 owner had this issue and is it just a case of taking the rail off and fitting it to the standard cover?

Atb

Andy

• Supporters

Can you measure the two covers ??

They say on site it might need a bit of dremmel work for some AK's

Thing is if your RS56 cover is shorter/narrower and you not sure about modding your original one or cutting bigger fatter one if still too wide, post up your cover dimensions.

I got a couple of metal covers that are too short to replace cheapo plastic CYMA/Spartac covers.

These shorter metal covers "might" be OK on your RS56

So you could have 2 to mess around with, take off rail from longer DE cover and drill away without fear of bolloxing your original 56 cover up

When done send us back rail less DE cover perhaps if too wide for ya 56

Need to do a measure up first but might save me chucking these in bin and you borking ya 56 cover ?

Well I thought I would also try it on my Cyma ak and it also didn't fit that.

I placed tape over the screw heads and marked the tape so I can place the tape in my rs56 cover and mark the metal accordingly then drill small holes to make sure the rail holes are aligned.

I sorted the cover out that came with the rail, file or grind the front edge away till the cover fits and you may need to cut the rail back to clear the rearsight.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.