BOLT BR47 magazines

elrasho

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Should take G&P or TM midcap AK mags, well that's what Evike says on the product description anyways, you not had any luck with them?

Got something to try tonight, an airsofter from another forum recommended sanding down the bit above the magazine lip catch thingy. Then this will allow the mag to get past the M4 type release innards the Bolt has (remember it has AK styke mag release and the M4 style).

It's the green part in this picture that I need to sand down a bit:

br47%20mag.png

Good news! Got my Cyma metal AK mag and tried it, didn't fit.... so I began filing the part in the green box bit by bit and trying it. Eventually I filled enough off for it to fit snugly :) It feeds fine until there's about 10 bbs left in the mag and then gets temperamental but I think that's the mag more that the gun.

Here's a comparison:

20150320_195752.jpg

As you can see all I had to do was file down the bit above the lip including the top edge.

Looking down the magwell this bit in red was the culprit:

mag%20catch.jpg

One question though, is it normal for mags to misfeed when there's a few BBs left? I'm thinking it's due to the fact it's a CYMA brand, I might get a 72 round TM mag and give that a try.

Got the TM mags and they didn't fit either. So I filled down just the top edge of the bit in the green box and they they fit fine. However my FPS has dropped to 295??? The CYMA mag gives me around 320 FPS. Any ideas how I can get my FPS back up?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.