G&G L85A1 help :(

stealthbunny

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Okay so I purchased a non working battle scared l85a1 with the hope of mending it servicing it, dd railing it and having it as my primary

The gun when gave to me was not firing, simple fix I replaced the piston and Walla it was shooting nicely at 342.

The gun is almost ready to customise except this one thing which is bugging me, I need tech help with

The little button inside the Magwell is stuck in the pushed down position and won't budge meaning after a days play I can't release the tension off the spring which is what the button is ment for

As a result I fire a few shots on semi, switch to full auto give it a blast or two and at the pause of not firing the spring prematurely releases its tension, I just don't understand it. I would like the problem fixing, the gun sold or at least a quote if its a major job. grrrrr. I had hopes for this weapon

• Supporters

is it a standard gun or has it had the v2/3 conversion?

it could be the anti reverse spring in the gear box, that may have broken :unsure: or it may have become disconnected in some way

to be honest its a pretty easy strip down job if it is, there are some video's on you-tube.

I am/was in a similar place a while ago with my g&g L85, i bought a none fire'er, which turned out to be trigger contacts, but i did a re-shim/grease job on my gear box, with new piston/piston head etc, sweet as a nut and silent as hell now :ph34r: just fitted the latest flash hider, and hopefully getting DD rails for xmas to bring mine up to the latest spec (minus the acog, as i prefare the current scope i have on mine, see the L85 thread)

edit:- i should also add that mine had a madbull barrel which was causing no end of issues(when i got it running), such as cracked bb's etc, so i got hold of a new G&G barrel and hop

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.