ASG Strike Systems® 1-Point Bungee Sling

Airsoft_Mr B

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

ASG STRIKE SYSTEMS® SINGLE POINT BUNGEE SLING

slingmain2.jpgstrikesystemscloseup.jpg

So this is the sling I use, which I picked up from Patrol Base quite a while back. I'll try to keep this review short and not too boring. If there's anything I left out you'd like me to mention, let me know.

CONSTRUCTION

tagcloseup.jpgslingwebbing.jpgtagreverse.jpg

The polyester material used throughout feels exceptionally durable. Comfort is very nice as the webbing feels very soft. The polymer hardware used is good quality as the components are thicker and have considerably less flex than the cheaper ones found on a £7 sling I bought off eBay. The two 2" to 1" webbing reducers are UTX FLEX branded, whereas the tri-glide appears to be manufactured by a company called KSJ. There's box stitching and double stitching where the end of webbing is looped around and sown back on itself.

Here is the material of the ASG sling compared with the other sling (the ASG being on the right)

slingmaterialcomp2.jpg

FEATURES

Included with the sling is a single point sling adaptor (shown below) which allows you to attach the sling on a gun where you would not otherwise be able to. For example, a stock devoid of a permanent attachment point. It also fulfills another purpose, the adaptor can be used with an existing sling loop so there is no metal on metal contact and the hook is protected from wear.

slingadaptor.jpgslinghook.jpg

The adaptor is constructed from the same polyester material as the sling itself, with unbranded polymer D-ring and tri-glide adjuster. Also box stitched at the end for durability.

COST

In my mind this sling is superb value at £13-£16 (depending on where you purchase) Unfortunately, it appears most retailers are sold out or simply doesn't stock ASG products.

CONCLUSION

At the lower end of the price range, the quality is excellent. Whilst it's a simple design, there's no need to look any further or to be paying £20-£30 or more. It's a robust piece of kit and it does it's job brilliantly. I'd definitely recommend one for anyone operating in closer quarters environments using a PDW or carbine.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.