New trousers.

Mike1971
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I didn't know wether this should go in this section or Just bought thread or review thread.

So here it is.

If your after a new pair of trousers for Airsoft these are the ones to get.

5.11 Stryke trousers, Why? may you ask.

I have a few pairs of the 5.11 tactical trousers which are also very good and tough but the Stryke one are even better than that.

ok the are £70 not £50 of the tactical trousers.

They are teflon coated, have a tunnel elasticated self adjusting waistband, knee pad inserts(they have a free offer on at the moment for the knee pad inserts), and the best bit the cargo pockets( velcro openers) have intergrated mag pouches 2 in each, Ok they only fit stanag mags, but hell no need for pouches or a covert loadout?

• Supporters

I take your point, Mike, but can they do this...?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_H6SG34EOqk

• Supporters

Well, yeah Joe. My point was more that even a 1/2 decent pair of strap on knee pads allow you to kneel in deeper puddles/wet mud without getting your kecks wet and while they do slip, the addition of a couple of belt loop stylee bits of webbing or stitched folded cloth for the lower straps sorts that out. They can be worn with any trousers.

Yeah, Teflon will make them more splash resistant than polycotton and resistant to dirt as well, but does anyone not wash the kecks they skirmished in before their next outing? Better for a weekender I spose. I just can't help comparing them to my Hatch Centurion Pads, which you can get for £25-8 and surplus kecks for £20 or less...

For £70 I want some NASA gubbins on board :lol:

I know what you mean, I wear knee pads at work. The strap on ones are a pain in the arse, so I brought trousers with inserts. Nothing to do with airsoft I know but same problem, strap on knee pads are annoying.

But then a pair of trousers for £70 is a bit steep

• Supporters

Yeah Tac, exactly like that, but with a robot arm dick aimer added.

This is what I meant about loops to stop them slipping:

34y7.jpg

The thing that makes pads slip most is squatting in them, but as you can see...

2yk3.jpg

Running in kneepads is also a surefire way to make them slip. I've had that plenty a time before, once resulting in me completely trashing my knee when throwing myself to prone on a concrete road/pathway.

Archived