DIY Assault / Riot Shield(s)

Airsoft_Mr B
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Thought I'd share with you the assault shield I've been making for a while and wondered if anybody else on here has made one?

I know there are quite a few videos on YT etc but most of them are not well made (e.g. it's a cardboard box)

This is the first one I've tried making. Actually, I went to Wickes and picked up hardboard + 6mm (smallest size) mesh to use over the window (as acrylic / Lexan is really expensive) only to later that same day find some more hardboard and even sheet of plexiglass! :)

Here are a few photos of it so far and after I write this I'm going to go over it again and possibly give it a second coat. I'll also take photographs of the back and explain more on how I made it.

I am going to try and build another for woodland which is larger and camouflaged instead of the CQC variant and post that too. If you would like to make your own I would recommend using 'lexan' because it is much more durable that the acrylic and shouldn't break (I heard acrylic it will eventually break when shot enough whereas Lexan is what actual riot shields are made from)

NOTE: I'm not really using this as a serious piece of kit, I know they have limited uses and aren't always very effective + I don't have any side panels for protection on it, but thought it would be fun to make and see how I do down at Halo Mill.

Made your own? Please post it here!

post-7670-0-02993900-1385302277_thumb.jpg

post-7670-0-83219500-1385302283_thumb.jpg

post-7670-0-88349800-1385302294_thumb.jpg

Archived