CM and Gear, or TT and a few month wait?

Shinobi
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey Guys.
I hate to have to start this, but I just had one final question for you all :L

Firstly though, i'd just like to thank everyone who's helped me out in my previous topics and that I think i've made some good decision's as to what to buy because of this :)

Now, on to the main topic. Sorry about the slightly weird title, I didn't know how to put it, and I didn't want to make it too long ;)

I've come down to two guns. The G&G Combat Machine Raider. And the Top Tech TR16 Ranger.
However, I had a few questions about them, and another question on top of that. Firstly, can the CM run a 7.4v without exploding on me in the first YEAR? And I don't really need to ask that about the Top Tech, I assume that can handle a 7.4v ;) BUT, would a MOSFET be neccesary? I've been looking at a Gate Electronics PicoSSR MOSFET (£15), just to save my trigger contacts, but im on a bit of a budget, so how long would they last MOSFETLESS? ;)

Secondly, would it be better to go CM, battery, charger, Belt, Mag's, pouches, dump pouch all in one go? Or the TT, battery, charger and a few weeks/month after get me some mag's (Dytac Invaders i've been looking at btw)? They both come with 450 rounders, AND if at all, I only plan on going skirmishing 1-2 times in the first 1-2 months. As a side thing, does Coyote Brown look good with MTP/Multicam? I guess thats opinion though... And would I be alright going skirmishing in trackies for my 1st go? Or would the abuse be too much ;) Again, on a budget here! ;)

Thanks Guys, and sorry if this was abit long, though hopefully it can help others aswell.
Cheers,

Shinobi
(Hope to see you guys at skirmishes! Phoenix and M.A.W anyone?!)

PS
Birthday's on the 7th of Aug, so fast replies would be appreciated :)

Hum I'd say the TT then get your mags and gear a few weeks later.

Also. Do you mean Pheonix near ish to Mansfield, Nottingham? If so, get ya arse down to skirmish!!!:P

Hum I'd say the TT then get your mags and gear a few weeks later.

Also. Do you mean Pheonix near ish to Mansfield, Nottingham? If so, get ya arse down to skirmish!!! :P

Aha, thanks Mate! And yeah, Phoenix near Nottingham! :D

That just made my decision a whole lot easier :/

The 01 Top Tech sale is over! :'''(

Ah mate you missed your boat!! Try and find it somewhere else, seen a few of late.

Also yea, I've never been to Phoenix so I can't compare but from what I hear the marshalling and way the games are run is much better.

Ah mate you missed your boat!! Try and find it somewhere else, seen a few of late.

Also yea, I've never been to Phoenix so I can't compare but from what I hear the marshalling and way the games are run is much better.

Ah, okay. Maybe ill pop down to skirmish, what are the prices like?

• Supporters

Personally I'd have suggested going down the combat machine route anyway! Toptechs are lovely and all, but the combat machine guns are also extremely good for what they are and the extra stuff you could get with the price gap will make a world of difference.

coyote brown works great with MTP, it also looks pretty good with DPM, marpat, multicam, DDPM, the list goes on!

Finally: yeah, rock up in trackies, noone will care.

Personally I'd have suggested going down the combat machine route anyway! Toptechs are lovely and all, but the combat machine guns are also extremely good for what they are and the extra stuff you could get with the price gap will make a world of difference.

coyote brown works great with MTP, it also looks pretty good with DPM, marpat, multicam, DDPM, the list goes on!

Finally: yeah, rock up in trackies, noone will care.

Cheers Mate! Might get the CM, Mags (Dont know which :/ Beta Project 75 rounders are abit low :/ or 2/3x PTS PMAGS?) And I might start with a belt, dump pouch and pouches then get a vest with my own money

Archived