Grenade Launchers

Maff-7777
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So I'm new to airsoft and I've been looking the internet and I see that some people have grenade launchers mounted on their rifles.

From what I can tell these are true grenade launchers that fire grenades (that expel BBs) but work more like shot guns, firing masses of BBs directly out of the launcher.

Is this how they work? And if so are they practical and useful. Or do people have them just to look cool?

m.

It is pretty much how they work.

You can get some that have large holds in where you can also store flour to shoot out as a cloud, or can launch a solid bit of rubber but these are not usually allowed at a site.

Most grenades do not have a range of more than 25m, although you can get some CO2 ones that can go a bit further. Quite pricey though.

I figured they wouldn't fire a large projectile... too dangerous.

But are they useful? Or are they just too look good?

From what I've heard they're great for taking out small squads in CQB, and the ICS MGL can be used like an oversized semi-automatic shotgun if you conserve your ammo and have plenty of shells and gas in your rig.

I have always been tempted by one but the cost of the shells puts me off.

Think my SR-16 would look Gucci with one!

2nd hand they're not too expensive and usually in a decent condition as people buy standalone grenade launchers and shells, then discover that they don't like the playstyle and the sell them on. There were some 40mm shells on here for £20 before

I didn't think they would be the most useful bit of kit. Shame they look really cool.

m.

Archived