help with finding a decent two way radio

chris555
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

http://www.midlandradio.eu/midland_g7_xtr/product_en_216250.aspx going by that website it seems they get 4 km in the Forrest stock and i keep coming up with reviews from airsofters who play in Europe,also i agree with jcheeseright used for a few hours on and off in the forest with such a small range shouldn't cause a problem more to the point i move from field to field and end up playing no where near my house so i cant imagine being arrested if i did upgrade the power its a no brainier

• Supporters

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if they can do 4Km through forest. Add a small hill or a large building with few/no windows however and anyone on the other side of it may as well be on the moon - not just for Midland G7 XTR's but any PMR446 handsets. Which really does call spending fortunes on them into question, since you're not going to get any use out of 90% of the bells and whistles anyway (unless they get co-opted as a baby monitor system!), so in practice you'll get pretty much exactly the same functionality out of a cheaper make/model. The main issues that additional costs address, IMO, is robustness and reliability. A pair of XTR446's for about the same money as a single G7 XTR seems like the better option to me.

• Supporters

Yeah let us know. Would you also share the url for the power instructions? Maybe by PM if you think it might contravene forum rules...

I am having trouble finding the instructions in English but once you take the screws out you will see on the right hand side three little bridges cut the bottom bridge (furthest one away from the ariel) and your done have a check on Google for English instructions also if you cut the other bridges you can access other frequencies and channels this i do not recommend

Archived