Beginners advice please

GaZMaN696
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Okay, so you guy's probably get asked this a million time's over, but hey, I gotta start somewhere.

I've really wanted to get into airsoft for a long time now, I'm not just one of those guy's that want to do it for a laugh and shoot some guns etc.. I've always loved the whole idea of simulating gunfights etc.

I just have a couple of question's on how I should get started.

1) I live in the Greater London area, and the closest airsoft site appears to be http://www.airsoftessex.co.uk/ Does anyone know if this is a good place, is it beginner friendly + does it even allow beginner's to join at all?
2) Any cheap-mid ranged equipment website's for me to get started on?
3) What's the best way for me to go about getting into this, in general?

Thanks for any advice! :)

• Supporters

2) Any cheap-mid ranged equipment website's for me to get started on?

Thanks for any advice! :)

2)depends what equipment you are after,

if you are after a cheap starter gun, zero one do the G&G combat machine range of M4's starting at £120 (you need to buy a battery & charger on top of that). Dont forget with out a UKARA your gun would have to be 2 tone.

bb's - land warrior do ace deals on blasters bought in bulk

clothing/chest rigs - try ebay, words like "tactical" "vest" "assault" "mtp" "dpm" etc etc

3)i take it you have read the new player guide?

i would be tempted to contact that site, you mentioned above, go along have a chat, and hire your gun/mask for the day, and see if its for you ;) and see what everyone else is wearing/using etc.

My advice is to check out a few local sites, hire guns until you have your UKARA then get a nice RIF, you can always see who is local to you on the forums, see if you can go with them?

Archived