Beginners Set Up - Help me out?

rez
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I dunno if I'm too late or what, but before you go spanking a load of money on a vest or chest rig, before you've decided what sort of loadout you want to go for, maybe get something 2nd hand to be going on with? You'll get some idea what you want from kit that you buy later.

US Issue Style Vest - ignore the title of this auction, this has nothing to do with the SAS or any special forces, it's US Woodland pattern camouflage and the vest is made to carry 6 M4 STANAG mags and 2 grenades - it's lightweight and fully adjustable.

South African Style in black - you can get this style of vest in just about every type of camo and the more common ones are cheap as chips 2nd hand (the seller is living on cloud 9 putting a B.I.N. price of £30) - Here's 1 in DPM - you can get 12 STANAG mags just in the pouches designed specifically for them, then there's another front pouch which is described as utility which is the right shape for another 4. There are also 2 grenade pouches on the front, high up so they would be ok for a phone or radio, etc., plus 2 huge utility pouches on the sides and a double hydration pouch on the back - again fully adjustable.

Both of those vests would hold mags for G36, G3, SIG 552 & variants, Steyr AUG as well as NATO STANAG but not AK, MP5, M14

British Army Style - you can get 12 STANAG mags in the front lower 4 pouches, but also they will take just about any mag there is, even long thin mags like for the MP5 (tommy gun even!) because the flaps have sides and buckle down, 2 side pouches that can take even a 58 pattern water bottle & cup or just your gloves and 2 upper pouches that you could stuff with more mags, but will take pyros, your phone, radio, fags, lighter, sweets/chewing gum, tissues, speedloader/s, BFG/s, etc. Here is another one in better condition - ignore the title obviously (how anyone could think this is desert DPM is beyond me lol! - I've got one of the Marines varient of these and it's really comfy - like this and here's the same type in DDPM

This last one is a sort of hybrid British Army Style & Molle Platform and is a bit more expensive than those above (lol)

Edit to add: no I can't leave it alone yet - HERE is a DDPM Molle Vest & Pouches - check the price lol!

and HERE is a DPM Molle Vest & Pouches - more expensive but still not bad.

I ended up ordering the tan plate carrier and a few pouches, I've got a more solid idea what I'm going with for my first loadout now so I just decided to bite the bullet! Plus, it ended up being a late christmas present so it was effectively free to me haha, score!

• Supporters

Yeah mate, score! With molle you can always swap stuff around and discard what doesn't work out for you.

good choice over the 'British army style', my detachment was issued them and it's a nightmare getting mags back into the pouches (only 2 of the pouches are intended for mags, they have splitters in them so you can fit 3 in each without clinking but not put them back in easily while in the field)

The pouches on the sides at the back of the vest are also extremely difficult to access.

It arrived and I'm pretty happy with the quality! Also got myself a single point sling, because i'm a big wuss and carrying the metal hire gun around all day was heavy! :P Also, i'm one skirmish off UKARA now, so I'm looking more closely into what gun to be buying. I've been looking at lots of reviews, and I'm leaning towards this:

http://www.airsoftworld.net/gc-16-gandg-full-metal-combat-machine-raider-l.html

What does everyone think? It seemed like everyone either says G&G or G&P for first guns, and with G&P being out of my price range for my first gun, it seemed like this is my best option? I personally really like it, just need to make sure it isn't a pile of crap or anything haha.

I know a couple of people with the economy G&G Combat Raiders, they think highly of them but be warned, they aren't metal. G&G's Top Tech range has better build quality however if the gun isn't a gen 2 or 3 it'll have around the same performance as combat machines. The cheapest top tech M4 you'll find is the basic one, here http://www.proairsoftsupplies.co.uk/acatalog/tr16_a2_carbine.html

If you don't like it, here's the link to the veritable cornucopia of other Top Tech M4s PAS stocks http://www.proairsoftsupplies.co.uk/acatalog/m4_and_m4_variants.html

G&G are meant to be great guns. One of my team mates has one and loves it.

What is your max budget? *wink.....i have a G&P M4 for sale......wink*

I know a couple of people with the economy G&G Combat Raiders, they think highly of them but be warned, they aren't metal. G&G's Top Tech range has better build quality however if the gun isn't a gen 2 or 3 it'll have around the same performance as combat machines. The cheapest top tech M4 you'll find is the basic one, here http://www.proairsoftsupplies.co.uk/acatalog/tr16_a2_carbine.html If you don't like it, here's the link to the veritable cornucopia of other Top Tech M4s PAS stocks http://www.proairsoftsupplies.co.uk/acatalog/m4_and_m4_variants.html

So if I didn't get a gen2/3, would there be any advantage going for the one you posted over the one I posted? As the combat machine I posted was full metal too?

G&G are meant to be great guns. One of my team mates has one and loves it. What is your max budget? *wink.....i have a G&P M4 for sale......wink*

At the moment, im gonna start with £200ish just for a base gun, will see if I have any more when the time comes in the coming few weeks, but yeah im gonna say around 200 (without mags and batteries ect) is what im gonna be looking at.

With a budget of £200 you could do a lot better than a G&G Combat Machine, you may be able to find a G&P for that if you're lucky, if not look at ICS

The ICS split gear box is a thing of beauty! far easier to work on and the spring can be upgraded in about 10 mins! (i have one of those aswell!! ;):ph34r: )

I had an ICS plastic series as my first gun (the one you have Sam) and it was brilliant. If I ever wanted an M4 I wold be looking at getting another ICS

I've not heard of any G&G economy guns made of anything other then nylon fibre, although NF is pretty good plastic.

Even the most expensive CMs are made of it, my friend's R4 is the most expensive of the range and there's no metal externally.

With a budget of £200 you could do a lot better than a G&G Combat Machine, you may be able to find a G&P for that if you're lucky, if not look at ICS

Would you be able to post a couple of links or names please mate? The amount of guns out there is so overwhelming haha.

I've not heard of any G&G economy guns made of anything other then nylon fibre, although NF is pretty good plastic.

Even the most expensive CMs are made of it, my friend's R4 is the most expensive of the range and there's no metal externally.

http://www.airsoftworld.net/gc-16-gandg-full-metal-combat-machine-raider-l.html

This one seems to be full metal, I watched a review by Jai I think he's called on YouTube and he seems to think its a really good gun. Found the video through scoutthedoggie on there.

I'm just so confused as to what I should be looking for haha. Like how do I know if its good/reliable? So frustrating :P

Go to www.fire-support.co.uk and you'll find them on there. You're looking for their plastic series

Also ICS guns on the whole are far more realistic looking than G&G

Go to www.fire-support.co.uk and you'll find them on there. You're looking for their plastic series

Also ICS guns on the whole are far more realistic looking than G&G

Cheers mate. I'm really trying to stay away from plastic from the time being though, tried a couple out at a skirmish and they just felt too light if that makes sense?

Yea I know what you mean.. when I had my ICS I never found it too light, but then again I bought a Masada afterwards which is meant to be light... well the M249 has certainly put an end to the light guns..

Anyway.......... If you go metal body it will be more expensive, I would still go for a plastic ICS over the metal G&G you linked. You won't notice much weight difference and the internals in the ICS will be better. ICS also do metal but thats above your budget.

ICS also keep their value far better than G&G CMs

Are you more interested in a metal body or a gun that looks and feels more realistic?

My plastic bodied ICS weighs exactly the same as my full metal G&P. Think that is down to the full metal folding stock.

• Supporters
ICS also do metal but thats above your budget.
Not cessanarily...

ICS MX5 A3 Navy grip FOLDING STOCK Airsoft gun aeg

(ref: ICS-14)

£171.00, 3 in stock

ICS MX5 A4 Airsoft gun aeg

(ref: ICS-03)

£171.00, 1 in stock

ICS MX5 A5 with handguard Airsoft gun aeg

(ref: ICS-17)

£200.00, 1 in stock

ICS MX5 SD SEF Grip FOLDING STOCK Airsoft gun aeg

(ref: ICS-15)

£185.00, 1 in stock

Now, if you are prepared to sack M4's for P'sOS that they are and walk on the wild side :P :

ICS AK 74M FOLDING STOCK

(ref: ICS-35)

£215.00, 1 in stock

ICS AKS 74U FOLDING STOCK

(ref: ICS-34)

£225.00, 1 in stock

This 1 I can personally vouch for - stock it's best as a CQB gun (320-ish FPS) but it can just about hold its own in woodland.

That is just @Fire Support...

I went for a WE G23 with a tan lower and a metal upper. A great stress reliever when you flip the lever to full auto, but you'll be buying loads of BBs and your mates might not thank you if you're CQBing.

50 round mags a must!

Archived