Saying Hi

MacBones
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all, my name is Gareth and will be getting into the airsoft/skirmishing scene most likely in the new year with my son Cameron who is aged 13. We live on the wirral merseyside where i think there is 2 or 3 venues within a shortish drive. Cameron will be getting as a christmas prezzie a sniper rifle two tone DE m57a which hopefully will be ok to start off with for now. Myself I will hire until I have the required defence then will look at which airsoft gun/style I think I will enjoy most. I'm leaning towards sniper as a main weapon with a back up for shorter range under 25/30 metres. Cam will just have to stop shooting if enemy is too close for now.....

This forum looks like a good place to gain knowledge on how to go about and enjoy airsofting, so I will spend quite a bit of time browsing here :)

Regards Gareth

• AF-UK Founding Member

Welcome to the forums :)

I don't like to be the bearer of bad news, but you may find the DE really not up to the job of skirmishing. I'd expect the rentals to outperform it easily.

• Supporters

Hi - welcome to the forum.

If you have not already purchased Cameron's xmas present then I would hold off for now. Obviously I do not know your son but I would have thought most 13 year olds would prefer to be running around and blasting everything that moves. With an aeg you can still take on a sniper role (with perhaps less range/accuracy) and a lot of posts on this forum suggest that you need to spend a fair bit to get a decent sniper rifle.

Once you have your club membership (or UKARA) you will be able to buy him a RIF which he will probably want anyway.

You know your lad best but I would be inclined to get him some cool looking gear for xmas and hire guns initially.

Archived