Greetings and Cyma M4 help...

Bob_Acid
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I'm new to the game and have just purchased an Cyma M4.

My problem is that straight out of the box the gun is chronoing at 380-400 fps. Is there anything i can do to bring the fps down or is it likely to drop some after prolonged use?

I've only been out one day's skirmishing with it so far and have already had to leave it in the bag at one site because they said it was too hot.

Cheers in advance.

All cymas are pretty much too hot for the Uk scene out of the box. The easiest way to downgrade the fps is to replace the spring with a m100 or a 1J spring. This should bring the fps down to about 330. However this does involve removing the gearbox and taking it apart. You local site tech/shop shuld be able to do this for about £25, plus the cost of a spring. You can do this yourself if you are reasonably competant with screw drivers. There are guides on youtube on how to do it. If you decide to take it apart yourself then you can get away with clipping a loop off the spring, which will drop the fps.

To be honest if you bought it from the Uk then they shoud have told you the gun was hot, and downgraded it for you to UK limits. if you bought it from abroad then a bit more research was required, sorry to be blunt.

Thanks for the advice, bigshep, i'll have to have a word with the local techie. I'm not bad with spanners and used to be an electronics engineer in a previous life so might have a look at one of those tutorials on youtube

The gun came from a reputable UK shop and is booked at 355 fps in the product summary. I was molling over the options for weeks while i racked up enough games to get my ukara # so it wasn't for a lack of research.

B)

You could put a few hicaps through it, but that may drop it by about 10-20fps. You could try to leave the spring cocked for a period of time, which may drop the fpas a bit as well. But to be honest our best and safest bet would be a spring change.

As for the spring change, I was mightly afraid to do my first one (horror stories about things springing across the room destroying the telly etc), but once I did one it was pretty much "oh is that it" Took me a morning to do with lots of noting down where everything went and looking at pictures online to make sure I was not about to bugger it up, followed by a 30minute hunt for a small spring that somehow fell off the table and disapeared, but it wasn't too bad (speaking as an electronics engineer myself)

I don't know where the Uk retailers get there fps readings from as just about every website gives cymas a 400'ish fps. Bunch of lying toe rags who just don't want to do free spring downgrades for UK hot guns!

Archived