Battery voltage question

xJLF
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

hi there, my m4 came with an 8.4v battery, and i want to increase my rate of fire, but dont know whether a 9.4v battery would mess up my gun or not, as you can probably see im a bit of an airsofting newbie :P

• Supporters

I do Beleive that 9.6V will increase your ROF But you will also need to be able to accept another cell where ever it is that the battery is hidden another simple way to increase ROF is by changing your Tamiya connector's to dean's plug's although i'd advise going 8.4V Nimh to 7.4V Lipo aswell as dean's on both it mean's different charger's and stuff's

• AF-UK Founding Member

Are you aware of the increased load on the gearbox if you do this? What battery do you currently have? Even another 8.4v of high quality and of better capacity will give you better results. Also switch to deans if you have not done so already :)

Manufacturers do the 'don't use over 8.4v' as a means to not honour the warranty. In truth, majority of AEGs will work fine with 9.6 1600mah batteries and a nice deans connector conversion. Infact any half decent manufacturer now accepts the use of 9.6 on their AEGs, or 7.4v lipo would be cool without the need of a mosfet.

• 1 month later...

it matters a bit what gun you have to wehter it will take it or not but if you have a manufacturer issue 1100 batterey then a 1600 8.4 may boost your fire rate a little as well, but there are others ways to increase your fire rate as well or to take presure off the gearbox if you really do want to go to a 9.6 or a lipo

Archived