LiPo vs liFe batteries

dazzer306
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

hi all am looking into getting a new type of battery for my AK47 as I've wired it so it now can be put in top. Now here lies the problem, the hole by gas tube at top wont take a stick battery (tried for size with a crane stock battery) alittle too big and not wanting to sand and cut inside out I've loked into a lipo battery on component shop.

Now while i was looking though airsoft section I came across LiFe batteries 9.4v, are these any better or worse to use than a LiPo 7.4. will burn out gearbox seeing as i've not upgraded it. i know a LiPo gives about same as a 8.4 battery

Any help be great thanks

A Lipo 7.4 sits between an 8.4 and a 9.6 nimh,what you're actually gaining is trigger response and a quicker refresh rate.

I did google it but I couldn't find a definitive answer.

It appears they have good and bad points like everything.

Safer,heavier,lower capacity(MaH)for comparable size.

lipo is lighter (size and/or weight equal)

lipo can discharge the most capacity if all else is equal

lipo can discharge the most current if size/weight is equal

life can discharge the most current if capacity is equal

lipo can hold the most capacity if size/weight is equal.

They can be charged at ridiculous rates (15C anyone?) so recharge times are minimal, and unlike lipo they can be run to empty like nimh's (no voltage cutoff needed) but unlike nimh's output is consistent all the way down.

RC car owners are reporting them as sluggish compared to when they were running lipo's,but that wouldn't affect us with AEG's.

Archived