G&G CM16 Raider -L stock version

AirsoftTed
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys,

Just got my G&G raider and its completely stock internals. My local site has an fps limit of 328 fps +5% using 0.2g bbs.

I've been doing some target practice and I'm pretty worried the gun might be a bit too powerful- unfortunately I don't have access to any chronoing equipment and the site is a good few miles away from me...

I was wondering if anyone could give me a chrono or an expectation for using 0.23 gs and 0.2g bb's?

Thanks in advance,

Teddy

Hi guys,

Just got my G&G raider and its completely stock internals. My local site has an fps limit of 328 fps +5% using 0.2g bbs.

I've been doing some target practice and I'm pretty worried the gun might be a bit too powerful- unfortunately I don't have access to any chronoing equipment and the site is a good few miles away from me...

I was wondering if anyone could give me a chrono or an expectation for using 0.23 gs and 0.2g bb's?

Thanks in advance,

Teddy

Any site will chrono using 0.2s, so trying it on with 0.23s is likely to get you chucked off and banned if found out, although if you tell them they can usually work out what the fps will be on 0.2s if they're not using their mags and ammo to test.

That said, a couple of my team mates have CM16 Raider Ls and they have usually chrono'd around the 330-340 mark when new, settling down to around the 330 mark after a few thousand rounds. Each gun can be different, so it's best to take it along to your local site, get it checked and if it's a bit hot, try putting a few hi-cap mags through it to settle it down and re-test. The other thing is also to set the hop for the longest, flatest trajectory on the ammo you intend to use. If the hop is set right then that can take 10-20 fps off the speed of 0.2s anyway.

Any site will chrono using 0.2s, so trying it on with 0.23s is likely to get you chucked off and banned if found out, although if you tell them they can usually work out what the fps will be on 0.2s if they're not using their mags and ammo to test.

That said, a couple of my team mates have CM16 Raider Ls and they have usually chrono'd around the 330-340 mark when new, settling down to around the 330 mark after a few thousand rounds. Each gun can be different, so it's best to take it along to your local site, get it checked and if it's a bit hot, try putting a few hi-cap mags through it to settle it down and re-test. The other thing is also to set the hop for the longest, flatest trajectory on the ammo you intend to use. If the hop is set right then that can take 10-20 fps off the speed of 0.2s anyway.

Hi RR01,

Thanks for the advice I'll try it, I wasn't going to try and cheat the system but thanks for the heads up! I'd heard .23's were the best to use in an AEG for skirmishing and as I haven't been yet was unaware of the rules for chronoing!

Thanks again,

Teddy

Archived