G&G Top Tech TR4-18 Light

cbirchy87
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Im new to airsoft and have brought my a G&G TR4-18 Light. apart from changing the two tone parts when I have my UKRAR id like to know what kinda of upgrades this gun can take, Internal? External?

Hey matey,

You have an extremely good gun out the box there.

Internally & externally the top tech range is high quality. Is it the Gen 1 or Gen 2 Top tech??

I wouldnt personally change anything internally. Externally id replace or at least take the paint off once ukara. Other than that, the externals will be purely asthetics / what you require for your playing style etc...

Enjoy your purchase!!

Its the new Gen 2 so already has a tight bore barrel. been able to buy the rear stock and pistol grip ready for my UKARA although the metal handrail is going to be about £100 although i'm thinking to stripping it down and respraying that part, any tips on product to use? little nervous about replacing the pistol grip as i hear the motor is spring loaded, dont want something is spring out and not know what the hell to do.

My style of play is Assault, right in there no bulls**t. already ordered a G&P Aimpoint scope, couldnt get on with the iron sights

The motor is spring loaded but not so much that it will shoot out, remove the 2 screws either side of the grip, don't touch the one on the middle as that's your motor height adjustment screw. From there, unscrew/disconnect the motor wires and remove the screws holding the grip on, new one on and reverse!

seems simple enough. Anyone got and suggestions on stripping (very thin) green paint from my metal handrail? was looking at just getting some paint stripper from B&Q and just respraying with Krylon.....does that sound good.

• Supporters
seems simple enough. Anyone got and suggestions on stripping (very thin) green paint from my metal handrail? was looking at just getting some paint stripper from B&Q and just respraying with Krylon.....does that sound good.

Might be worth a quick call to the shop who sprayed it as they will know the best product to remove it. Probably any paint stripper will work.

Archived