Should I get this M4 SRC?

eggman100
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I am deciding whether or not to buy this SRC M4:

http://www.wolfarmouries.co.uk/airsoft/bb/...amp;id=GE0501DT

Because I already had one of these and it broke, I have the Handle+Motor, the inner barrel with hop-up unit, the stock, the carry handle, and the two front hand-grips (I don't know the names of these), I am hoping that I can get £30 for these and so then:

I can take off £30 from the cost of the SRC M4 and then I can get the M4 for £94.50 (Inc. Postage)

But this is assuming that I can get £30 for the parts, and then I will probably get one.

My questions are:

1. Shall I get this (If I can get £30 for these old (working) parts of my broken M4)

2. Shall I get a scope for this? - I don't want an ACOG as they just simply cost too much money for me, but something like a 4x32 (sniper) scope, because I will be a longer range player, not up-front all the time (The scope for example that comes with the VSR10/11)

3. Can I fit a silencer to the SRC M4, and how would I do such a thing?

4. How do I fit a grip to this SRC M4, I assume I can just get a 20mm rail and fit to the underside and just fit a 20mm grip?

5. for £94.50 is this worth getting?

Thank you, It's my first post so please treat my like someone who isn't a pro (I've never been to an actual airsoft game, however I've owned my M4 for a month or two).

Thanks again.

P.S It's my birthday today as well, so I have a bit of money, that's why I'm thinking about buying this in the first place, my first M4 broke due to bad ammo, it was cheap 0.12g's that were probably misshaped.

• Supporters

I am 100% certain you can repair your old M4 for less than the cost of a new one, do that and spend your extra monies on other stuff. More magazines maybe? A halfway decent sight perhaps, though this is by no means required, ironsights are plenty good enough for airsoft, a 4x rifle scope is massive overkill for a gun like that, it simply doesn't have the range to make it worthwhile.

Hi I have tbe same gun only problem I had with it was with the upper and lower receiver the two plactic pins on upper snapped off. But sortted that out with a new metal receiver by src for £50 so if its just the receiver yu need do that. Took me half hour to and hour to change it and set it all back up.

• Supporters

If you are planning to go to a site then I would not buy a replacement just now. If you are under 18 then you can not buy anything but your parents can buy you a two-tone.

Why not hire at your local site for a while and see what other people are using. When you are ready to buy then buy from your site (if they have a shop) as they can guide you to the best gun within your budget and offer an after sales service.

I bought a src m4, last month, lasted a day before it started to mis fire, turned out to be the trigger contacts, took it back and got a full refund. As said above would not reccommend, although the shop that sold it me wernt helpfull in the slightest, took me 7 trips there and back before i got a refund!

Archived