TM M4A1 receiver problem

psion
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I have a STUPID damned problem. when i was at urban assault a couple of months back, midway through storming the police station i swapped my mag out, slipped in the new one, gave it a slap to make sure it was seated right, when i had a catastrophic failure! the top receiver separated from the lower receiver and was left hanging in front of me pointing at the ground.

the issue is not a big one, but it is truly stupid annoying! the two lugs that hold the top to the bottom when the pin is inserted have BOTH snapped.

does anybody have a good way of fixing this problem without buying a new receiver.

i have VERY shallow pockets and VERY big aspirations, i want to get a new full metal receiver but i just don't have the money, that said, i really don't want to have to run around with a cable tie around my gun anymore!

I have a STUPID damned problem. when i was at urban assault a couple of months back, midway through storming the police station i swapped my mag out, slipped in the new one, gave it a slap to make sure it was seated right, when i had a catastrophic failure! the top receiver separated from the lower receiver and was left hanging in front of me pointing at the ground.

the issue is not a big one, but it is truly stupid annoying! the two lugs that hold the top to the bottom when the pin is inserted have BOTH snapped.

does anybody have a good way of fixing this problem without buying a new receiver.

i have VERY shallow pockets and VERY big aspirations, i want to get a new full metal receiver but i just don't have the money, that said, i really don't want to have to run around with a cable tie around my gun anymore!

If you don't want to go to the expense of buying new, I have a greyish TM plastic M4/M16 upper & lower receiver set that is now surplus to requirements. The lower has been worked on to remove the fittings for the two piece hop, as I was installing a standard one piece hop in mine, but the upper is in perfect condition, plus it has a black metal cocking handle and ejection port cover fitted, which don't come with the replacement receiver set normally. The lower also has the safe / semi / auto lever fitted, again something that doesn't come with the bare set.

If you're interested let me know. Looking for £35 delivered for the lot.

Mike

Thanks for the offer mike, but i am seriously strapped for cash, at the moment i am looking for a fix that doesn't involve cable ties or duct tape. i can't see one, i was just kinda hoping that someone had fixed this before.

how about gluing a nut or bit of pipe where the lugs would go, would that help Or even putting a bolt and nut through the receiver and tightening it that way. You can small black ones very cheaply from a hardware shop, should set you back £1-2 tops.

how about gluing a nut or bit of pipe where the lugs would go, would that help Or even putting a bolt and nut through the receiver and tightening it that way. You can small black ones very cheaply from a hardware shop, should set you back £1-2 tops.

#

If the fixing lugs are broken off then that will not help.

I think you're maybe stuck with using a cable tie, as looking at my spare upper I can't see any way to stick the lugs back securely. However, using a thin piece of brass strip, looped into the top of the receiver and secured with something like Araldite might work. You would then need to drill a couple of holes in the legs to match the hole in the lower. You could probably sort that for about £5.

go on to airsoft club you can get a full metal body kit for a m4/m16 aeg with the delta or blackwater logo on it but its a pain in the ass to build if you've never done it before so if you do get one ask your local gun smith to help

Archived