Mag drop-out

Leinad
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi

I have noticed recently that while using 'abbey predator ultra gas' in my TM 1911A1, for the first few shots, the mag drops out when i fire. I have used a weaker gas and the problem doesnt persist, which leads to the obvious conclusion that the gas is to powerful for the gun, however, in the six months i have had the gun, i have always used that kind of gas with no problems.

Is this a common problem? is my gun broken? what can i do to fix it?

Drop out? As in falls out the gun?

Ultra gas isnt that powerful in relation to standard airsoft gasses. TM guns work fine on them and slightly more most of the time.

Mag catch / bolt worn?

possibly. turns out even when i use a weaker gas it still falls out. i tried messing around with it, pulling the slide backwards and forwards. sometimes that causes it to fall out. any ideas?

Update: I removed the mag catch and made it slightly larger with the aid of some electrical tape. that is quite effective in preventing it most of the time. a worn mag catch probs?

• 4 weeks later...
Hi

I have noticed recently that while using 'abbey predator ultra gas' in my TM 1911A1, for the first few shots, the mag drops out when i fire. I have used a weaker gas and the problem doesnt persist, which leads to the obvious conclusion that the gas is to powerful for the gun, however, in the six months i have had the gun, i have always used that kind of gas with no problems.

Is this a common problem? is my gun broken? what can i do to fix it?

It is mag catch problem. You must change the new one.

Archived