G&G FN2000

iAcorn
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So I have decided on my first skirmish rifle and I thought I would get some opinions from people on here.

My requirements for my skirmish rifle were:

Bullpup - I like to play both outside and CQC. A bullpup has the same barrel length as a normal rifle, but it is also more pointable in the close engagements. Plus I really dont like folding stocks. They might be practical but they just look ugly.

Weight - One thing I noticed about skirmishing is I'd rather be able to run and stop after running. My gear was so heavy last time I would splat into a wall in order to slow down/stop. Since the F2k is a rather unique weapon its externals are polymer/plastic/whatever. So it should be a tad lighter than a full metal rifle.

Looks - I mean look at it! Its awesome. Like a space age future weapon. Plus I have not seen many people with one either so hopefully it will stop the friendly fire I get when they recognize my weapon. Im dead serious. The armbands are hard to see sometimes so I just get shot by my own team. FUUUU

AEG - As many MANY people were saying, gas is not good for starters. I do agree so I swapped the order in which I will buy my rifles to an AEG first.

Mags - Standard Stanag mag... able to be used with other rifles and pretty cheap too

So after all that I was left with very few options and the only F2K I can see is the G&G model. Although I can only find the 2010 version. I swear there was a newer model released in 2011 or this year?

Anyways has anybody got experience with this? How does it stack up in your opinion?

(this is before my scope mounts arrived so the scopes just propped up there)

1dmrf2000.jpg

I've got a JLS FN2000, which isn't mm perfect and is missing some details that the G&G has, but aside from that, you can get an overview of how it looks. Bullup is great, I've got a P90, and a FN2000 and my friends agree that they have a good advantage against 'standard' guns, as they have long barrels for such compact weapons (P90 shines here) so accuracy is spot on.

My FN2000 has an extended tightbore, a P90 civillian barrel to cover this, and I think the previous owner has done some upgrades, although this is much easier done to the G&G as the JLS (as I said) is just a copy usings reference pictures to build.

If the FN is hard to come by, try a P90, same style of asthetics, CQB and field ready, compact and rare(ish)

p90sil-1.jpg

(old old picture)

Hope that helps you out a little, I know its not a G&G but its very compareable.

Thanks for your input. I think youre the only person on this forum who has an F2000. I know of places that sell the G&G F2k but they clearly state it is the 2010 model. I am sure there is a newer one but oh well. I did think about a P90 but I'd rather have the standard way of reloading mags (plus the mags are common). I do love the P90 though. How is the gearbox in your F2K? Since there is a sling section right near the gearbox does it act like a little speaker and seem louder?

Thanks again buddy :) I will take a look at the JLS too

I'll get some more pics if I remember, give you a better idea of size. It's about average on noise, but ROF is very good. Noise is average, gearbox has lasted in this but i think its been upgraded, as ive heard the JLS ones can die off fast. Plus only hicaps fit unless you shave some plastic off low caps, and its not mm perfect. go for the g&g model, more compatable with other parts. I use mine as a Dmr and the p90 for anything else ad its size is spot on. Comfy guns, the both of them.

Pictures of the JLS for reference mate:

IMAG0675.jpg

IMAG0676.jpg

This isn't on the G&G, its the fire selector switch. On the G&G, its the same as the real gun, mounted below the trigger the same as a P90. On the JLS theres just a safety under the trigger (although in the same shape so looks the part). This is located on the 'stock'

IMAG0677.jpg

IMAG0676.jpg

Hop up location (same as on the G&G)

IMAG0680.jpg

Splits in two with just one body pin, very fast stripdowns and swaps.

IMAG0681.jpg

You can see how long the barrel on mine is, being extended. But normally its up to the barrel thread (or there abouts) so is very good for accuracy. Long live Bullups..

IMAG0683.jpg

And size next to the P90, the G&G is thicker than my model, as its 1/1 scale not modeled off just pictures like mine, which isnt MM perfect, but unnoticeable to anyone that already doesnt previously know.

IMAG0684-1.jpg

Looks awesome to me :) I'm sticking with my G&G F2K choice as my primary. Just love it! Only problem is its been about 2 weeks and a few days since my site sent off my UKARA form... I still havent received my number. And they have not replied to my email asking about the time frame it takes. Sad times :(

Archived